Re: Emacs terminology (not again!?) [was: Apologia for bzr]

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: Emacs terminology (not again!?) [was: Apologia for bzr]
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 18:43:31 +0530

On Sat, Jan 18 2014,David Kastrup wrote:

[snipped 92 lines]

> In the long run, we need to make sure that Emacs remains comprehensible
> to Emacs users.  That does not preclude changing keybindings and
> concepts, but getting multiple concurrent warring keybindings and
> concepts sorted by various heuristics is not the way to simplicity.

No offence to the CUA/EVIL developers but don't these 2 modes get in
the way of Emacs mastery as David says.  I can understand someone
asking for the vi . (dot command) functionality equivalent in Emacs
but why humour them with modes that are at cross purposes to Emacs
proficiency?

Here, simplicity begets simple users(with no offence to their
intelligence, just Emacs mastery)

 sivaram