Re: enabling company-capf support in cfengine.el

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: enabling company-capf support in cfengine.el
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 04:32:46 +0100

John Yates <address@hidden> writes:

> That cat already seems to be out of the bag: http://dragonegg.llvm.org/

dragonegg is GPLed.

> RMS may have an inflated sense of the extent to which the greater compiler
> community (those developing and those using compilers) value gcc over clang
> / llvm.  For many reason the latter is winning the day.  Speed, memory
> footprint, modularity, ease of entry, size of development community all
> favor clang / llvm.
[snip]

This is very true.

The reason is easy to understand: why should I, as a software developer,
should use GCC instead of Clang when *both are Free Software* and
Clang's development is focused on creating the best tool for the user
while GCC is hindered by someone else's views about how to protect me
from hypothetical perils? Why should I use the crippled tool?