Re: Buffer/window/frame redisplay bit

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Buffer/window/frame redisplay bit
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 08:52:22 -0500

> IMO b->text->redisplay should be initialized in Fget_buffer_create, but
> I have no representative test case to decide whether it should be 0 or 1.

The initial value doesn't matter:
- This bit is only needed when the buffer is displayed in a window and
  only if that window's `redisplay' bit is itself equal to `false'.
- At the time the buffer is created it's not shown in any window.
- Whenever we change which buffer is shown in a window, we set that
  window's `redisplay' to `true'.

So if you want to initialize it, feel free.  `false' is a good initial value.
`true' is also a good initial value.

        Stefan