Re: Is intellisense features integration in Emacs technically possible?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Is intellisense features integration in Emacs technically possible?
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 12:53:08 +0100

Rüdiger Sonderfeld <address@hidden> writes:

> Why would we have to write a C++ parser and semantic analyzer?

If I understood Eli correctly he is advocating the independence of Emacs
for that purposes.

> There is one in CEDET, there is one in GCC, there is one in libclang,
> and there is one in the KDevelop libraries.

CEDET is in line with Eli's views, while the other options we should
avoid (*) (Except, perhaps, GCC.)

OTOH CEDET's internal capabilities for C++ are very limited last time I
checked. It is more about "C with classes" with some crude hacks for
templates. It does not real C++ semantic analysis.

* Again, unless I misunderstood him.