Re: clang vs free software

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: clang vs free software
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 10:31:51 -0500

GNU Emacs does not exist in isolation.  It is a part of the GNU
Project.  "Success" for GNU Emacs means success for GNU.

Our policy is not to install features in GNU package that would work
with Clang and not with GCC.  Emacs will not encourage people to
switch away from GCC.  Indeed, when we have the chance, we should
encourage GCC over Clang.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation