"Error reading from stdin" when using emacsclient -nw?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: "Error reading from stdin" when using emacsclient -nw?
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 15:49:04 +0100

Sometimes when I ssh into a machine where I have previously started
Emacs running (on X), and connect to it using emacsclient -nw, when I
start typing, I get the text "Error reading from stdin" in the mini
buffer.

I.e. the menu and modeline are displayed, the *Scratch* buffer comes up,
but whatever I do, I get "Error reading from stdin" back from then on.

When that happens I have to kill Emacs completely and start it again, to
get connecting with emacsclient -nw to work.

What is weird is that it only happens sometimes (maybe 2 out of 7
times).

If I go to the original Emacs window (in X), I can type there without
any problem, even after emacsclient -nw has started failing in this
manner.

Has anyone seen this, or are there any tips on how to debug this
problem?

(Searching the web wasn't of much help.)

I am using emacs-snapshot (GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu,
GTK+ Version 3.8.6) of 2014-01-01 on prometheus, modified by Debian),
and have this in my configuration of emacs-server:

  (require 'server)
  (setq server-use-tcp t
        server-port 3113)
  (if (not (server-running-p)) (server-start) (message "Server already
running"))

  Thanks!

    Adam

--
 "KOMPRESSOR sound is hard and angry, good words used         Adam Sjøgren
  for song and electronic."                              address@hidden