Re: Is intellisense features integration in Emacs technically possible?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Is intellisense features integration in Emacs technically possible?
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 12:17:58 -0500

    But seriously: Why not make Emacs user profit the maximum from the
environment?

Implicitly that presumes Emacs is an isolated project, assuming that
the principal goal is the usefulness and success of Emacs in
isolation.

The reason we don't make decisions in the way you suggest is that
Emacs is part of a larger project (the GNU Project) with a larger goal
(freedom for software users).

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation