Re: List packages Status column terminology

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: List packages Status column terminology
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 11:07:33 -0500

> For comparison, aptitude uses these terms:
[...]
> They appear horizontally as grouping elements in a tree view,
> so they use up one line each instead of umpteen columns.

That's a good presentation, since it saves a column (in exchange for
a few extra lines).  The downsides:
- incompatible with "sort by name", where we want to see the various
  versions (built-in, obsolete, and new ones) together.
- tabulated-list-mode doesn't support this, so it requires more coding
  work.

        Stefan