Re: resize windows horizontally with the mouse

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: resize windows horizontally with the mouse
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 13:34:54 +0700

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Darren Hoo <address@hidden> wrote:

> So this is an intention.

I’m not sure about that. There is a visible two- or three-pixel stripe
between the scroll bar and the fringe of the adjacent pane. If the
intention is to not allow resizing when scroll bars are displayed,
this gap should be eliminated. Alternatively, scrolling could be
allowed even in this case.

> I thought it was a bug in the NS port. Usually
> I just turn off scroll bar to bring the the whole splitter back.

Indeed, hiding scroll bars allows me to drag the whole splitter, in
X/GTK+. But pixel-hunting for the grab handle in the mode lines is
faster.

> BTW, has anyone met with sluggish redisplay of buffer text when resizing
> windows horizontally?

No, but the fringes and scroll bars flicker a lot while dragging.