Re: resize windows horizontally with the mouse

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: resize windows horizontally with the mouse
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 16:46:17 +0100

Hi.

> 30 jan 2014 kl. 15:37 skrev martin rudalics <address@hidden>:
>
> > In some themes the scroll bar handle is a bitmap of fixed width. Those do
> > not obey GtkRange-slider-width if too small.  I guess you don't have that
> > kind of theme.
>
> I suppose not.  Is there any harm when they don't?

Yes. We resize the GtkFixed where the text-part and scrollbar resides in Emacs.
The layout widgets can not handle the layout of Emacs (i.e. text with
scrollbar, modeline without scrollbar, minibuffer with scrollbar). If the
scrollbar is 16 pixels wide no matter what, and Emacs thinks it. is 12, the
sizing will be wrong.

> >> And the default should be 14 IIUC.
> >>

> > Why?
>
> Because that's what I found everywhere but I'm obviously a complete
> idiot in this department.  I looked, for example, here:
>
> http://www.gtk.org/api/2.6/gtk/GtkRange.html
>
> https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkRange.html#GtkRange--s-slider-width
>
> http://gtk.php.net/manual/en/html/gtk/gtk.gtkrange.property.slider-width.html

You have to add 2 x trough-border, i.e 2 x 1.

      Jan D.