Re: resize windows horizontally with the mouse

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: resize windows horizontally with the mouse
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 10:52:57 +0100

Hello.

martin rudalics skrev 2014-01-30 19:45:
 > Yes. We resize the GtkFixed where the text-part and scrollbar resides
in Emacs. The layout widgets can not handle the layout of Emacs (i.e.
text with scrollbar, modeline without scrollbar, minibuffer with
scrollbar). If the scrollbar is 16 pixels wide no matter what, and Emacs
thinks it. is 12, the sizing will be wrong.

I see.  But here I have to explicitly set the scroll-bar-width frame
parameter to make sure that no extra space is drawn.  Maybe we should
document this somewhere.

 > You have to add 2 x trough-border, i.e 2 x 1.

Aha.  So is it the trough-border that doesn't get always cleared
correctly when deleting/resizing windows or is it some extra space
between trough-border and the surrounding objects?

I think it is the trough-border.  What do you do to make this happen?
Is it dependent on your 12 pixel setting?

        Jan D.

I attach a screenshot where you can see the effect with the scrollbar in
the upper window.

martin