Re: read-event in batch mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: read-event in batch mode
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 09:09:14 -0500

> Does any port for a supported platform need this fragment, or can we
> safely delete it?  What about the daemon -- does it need this "when
> detaching from the terminal", and if so, why?

I suspect this code was written so that "emacs --batch" can read input
from stdin.  If the other code works for that, than we can presumably
get rid of this code.

The "|| (IS_DAEMON && daemon_pipe[1] >= 0" part looks to me like "let's
make sure the daemon mode works like --batch until we fork&detach".
IOW if it's not needed for --batch, then it's not needed for the daemon
case either.

        Stefan