Re: Repo cpnversion progress report

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: Repo cpnversion progress report
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 10:25:18 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:
> I'm sorry, but my motivation to help you at this point is nil, I'm
> sure you understand why.

I'm sorry, but if you're not going to be helpful, then expect to be
ignored. The cost of withdrawing any cooperation is that you lose
influence over the result.  You get to take what comes out the other
end and like it.

I'm not saying this out of personal rancor. This conversion job is so
messy and labor-intensive that I simply cannot spare the energy to
listen to people I think are just going to carp about it.

Because I at least like to think I'm a reasonable person, you can
rescue this situation at any time by displaying behavioral evidence of
helpfulness.  That means doing something concrete that helps the work
along.