Re: improving the gnugol web search tool's emacs integration

From: Dave Taht
Subject: Re: improving the gnugol web search tool's emacs integration
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 11:17:58 -0800

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hey Dave,
>
> Dave Taht <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> anyone ever tried gnugol?
>
> I did when it first came out!  But I can't make it work anymore.
> I installed it from sources (with jansson 1.3, as per instructions)
> and also tried the gnugol-git Archlinux package, but I always get
> this error:
>
> engine google not supported
> default engine not found!  Panic!

try pulling from the git repo and compiling with libjannson 2?

https://github.com/dtaht/Gnugol

I just got it working again a few days ago. I saw that the patch in
arch was a bit wrong... (and you do need to do a make install to find
the engines), and I updated to the later jannson lib long ago.

So hopefully we can fix the arch repo, too. But would still like to
have much tighter integration with org and emacs than it's got...

good to hear from you. I am re-entering emacs after too long away, as
I have a ton of rfc writing to do, and trying to make org-mode do more for
me than it already does (blogging, etc)

just read your excellent article and *.el files on that.

>> got some spare foo?
>
> Not much -- but I like Gnugol when I first saw it, would love to
> test it again.  Thanks for further directions!

Thanks for giving it another shot. I find it so handy to just hit <f6> and
answer a question... (wish it did stuff at point, too... sigh)

--
Dave Täht