Re: Repo cpnversion progress report

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Repo cpnversion progress report
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 22:30:29 +0200

> Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 14:23:22 -0500
> From: "Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden>
> Cc: Karl Fogel <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,
>       Emacs developers <address@hidden>
>
> I'm a very reasonable person about meeting requirements like that
> which are raised in a genuine attempt to improve the quality of the
> result.

Yeah, right.  Of course, anything that you don't agree with is not a
"genuine attempt to improve the quality", right?

> Being reasonable does not, however, mean I will put up with
> obstreperous bullshit.  What I just quoted, from Juanma and Eli both,
> was obstreperous bullshit.  That, I respond to by decreasing my
> willingness to pay attention to the bullshitter.

I guess profanities is the only defense you have left.  That's just
pathetic.

> Conversely, you can earn my attention and increased willingness to do
> what you want by putting effort into helping with the work. You can
> begin an attempt to be helpful at any time you like.

What you are missing is that I already tried, and in response you
publicly and viciously drew me away, just a couple of hours ago.

> Or, you can leave me to do all the work alone while flaming from the
> sidelines. If you choose that, don't blame anyone but yourselves
> if you think (wrongly) that you've had no influence on the result.

No one is flaming you.  You are being pointed to the quality of your
work, which so far is inadequate.  You are also requested to do this
job as this project's members feel you should.  If you really want to
help this project, you should listen.  Instead, _you_ are flaming
_us_, something that is entirely incompatible with a wish to help.