Re: key-binding for cycle-spacing

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: key-binding for cycle-spacing
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2014 00:35:27 +0100

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Anal [1],

>> FWIW, I have the habit of doing M-SPC DEL when I want no space, and I
>> use that sequence very frequently.  M-SPC M-SPC is much more convenient
>> in that case.
>
> For no space, why don't you use `delete-horizontal-space', with its
> standard binding of M-\?  This surely beats M-SPC M-SPC, at least on
> an English keyboard layout.

Yes, maybe, but I use a German Dvorak Type II layout, and then it's
three keys: Alt + Shift + /

That wouldn't be different with a normal German layout, too.  And I
haven't memorized too many keys anyway.  Rather I prefer if I need to
remember only a few keys that just do what I want depending on context.

Bye,
Tassilo

[1] Revenge for misspelling my name. ;-)