Re: A proposal - Dired+'s `$' and `i' to vanilla

From: Tak Kunihiro
Subject: Re: A proposal - Dired+'s `$' and `i' to vanilla
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 15:37:25 +0900 (JST)

I tried Dired+ and found it is nice!  Thank you to let me know.  In my
personal setup, `i' jumps to subdir hearder-line instead of the first
element because hitting `i' twice brings status back like what hitting
`$' twice does.

What I want to propose now is to make the Dired+ behavior in regard to
`i' and `$' to default of vanilla Emacs.

It took me for an year to find out Dired+.  Most books and
documentations mention about vanilla.  Vanilla behavior is important
especially for beginners such like me.

I feel Dired+ behavior in regard to `i' and `$' is more adequate for
vanilla than current one.  Is there reason for Dired to stick to the
current behavior?