Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp (was: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r1013

From: E Sabof
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp (was: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r101338: ...))
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 18:52:13 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Then the immediate task would be to make it simpler to set up and
> suitable for those languages.  _That_ would really move Emacs forward,
> towards a point where, hopefully, it will once again be relevant for
> modern development paradigm and provide what programmers expect.

I couldn't agree more. Trying to find a decent snippet/package, in a
complex and unfamiliar enviroment, is far from a pleasant experience.
And if the no choice is pre-made, that's what every newcomer has to do.

And if the choice turns out to be wrong, changing "bash" to "ksh", is
not any harder than changing nil to "ksh".

Evgeni