Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 18:58:21 -0500

> And even if someone did, it does not seem to me as if there is any kind
> of interest in Emacs to decide for one particular interface and declare
> it as "the way to go". But unless someone sits down and decides for
> this, wheels will keep getting reinvented.

Actually, there is such an interest, in the abstract.  But concretely
it's a lot of work and I don't know of anyone how has the energy and
knowledge to do it.

Consolidating hs-minor-mode and outline-minor-mode would be a good
start, tho (AFAIK allout-mode is a different beast altogether).

        Stefan "who'd be happy to hear more about the hurdles to
                integration of elpy into GNU ELPA"