[RFC] Replacing malloc_get_state functionality.

From: Ondřej Bílka
Subject: [RFC] Replacing malloc_get_state functionality.
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 00:29:41 +0100

Hi,

I as glibc contributor want to ask how feasible is replacing
malloc_get_state functionality in unexec by something else.
If so we could deprecate it for new binaries and use better malloc.

In libc having to support it increases our maintaince burden and
indirectly harms performance of most applications as this gets in the
way of neccessary optimizations.

There are several ways how to do this, one would be use generic dump
framework, second would be separate malloc into standalone library and
linking with that would ensure it would work forever. Or some other way
that I am unaware of?

Ondra