Re: Why doesn't dbus-handle-event catch all errors?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Why doesn't dbus-handle-event catch all errors?
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 08:22:45 +0100

Daniel Colascione <address@hidden> writes:

> dbus-handle-event uses a condition-case that catches dbus-error, but
> errors in general. Why don't we send all lisp errors from handler
> functions back to callers as dbus errors?

Because they aren't dbus errors. If your handler has some stupid code
like `(car 42)', the resulting lisp error `(wrong-type-argument listp 42)'
shouldn't be shown as *dbus* error.

You're free to write a handler which returns any error as dbus error, if
your program logic requires this.

Best regards, Michael.