Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 15:08:20 -0600

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> That is what 'gcc -fdump-xref' does now.
>
> Can't find it in the GCC 4.8 docs.

Ah. That's a problem.

> Other than that, this seems like it would likely fit the bill.  Pity
> that does not seem to be in GCC 4.8:

I've only actually used this with compilers provided by AdaCore, so apparently
-fdump-xref is an AdaCore extension.

However, it is GPL-3 with FSF assignment (as is all AdaCore code related
to gcc), and could be merged into mainstream gcc. I assume they plan to
do that at some point.

--
-- Stephe