Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 22:15:37 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> What happened to the other one?  It is still in the source.

Smart completion is all about showing the appropriate completions for
the context where the point is. Once you know the number and type of
arguments, if you have zero or more than one acceptable overloads, the
code is malformed. Barred that, there is one and only one correct
overload, which is the one the compiler will use. A correct smart code
completion system will show precisely that overload.

That's what a C++ programmer expects, and then I'm perplexed when I read
this:

[snip]

>> Eli, are you a C++ programmer? Do you code in C++ on a regular basis?
>
> Yes!

It is obvious then that we have here a complete miscomunication, so I'll
stop the discussion here.

[snip]