Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 09:48:40 +0100

Eli Zaretskii writes:
> Isn't it true that all the packages that use clang for completion save
> the buffer whenever completion is required?  At least the one I tried
> did just that, which sounds an awful design decision to me.

Weirdly enough, while clang compiles from stdin without problems, it
needs a file to perform completions (last I checked). So you either save
the current file, which I agree is a no-no, or you save the current
buffer into a temporary file (which is what semantic-clang does, which
only exists in CEDET upstream).

-David