Re: How to begin contributing to XWidgets for GSoC

From: joakim
Subject: Re: How to begin contributing to XWidgets for GSoC
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 10:01:31 +0100

Daniil Plyukhin <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to contribute to Emacs for this year for GSoC, working on the
> XWidgets project.
>
> I figure the best way to show that I'm capable of taking this on is by
> beginning some work on my own, so could you give me some pointers as
> to where I can start, and possibly some relevant reading material?

Thanks for showing interest in the Emacs Xwidget project!
I'm the maintainer of the branch.

The current readme lives here:
http://www.verona.se/projects/xwidget-emacs.html

I think the best approach is to just start building and testing on your
plattform.

I use Fedora 20, but the code has been reported to work on many other
GNU/Linux projects.

I think this years focus should be on getting merged to the Emacs trunk
when it opens again.

--
Joakim Verona