Re: trunk r116610: Fix docstring typos.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: trunk r116610: Fix docstring typos.
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 22:33:03 -0500

> Well, I don't find it tenuous at all. A docstring, for example, that
> says "When the buffer is in `foo-mode' do that" does not make much
> sense. The buffer cannot be in foo-mode, it can be in Foo mode, which
> is activated by function foo-mode.

It's indeed an abuse: saying "When the buffer is in `tehrth'" wouldn't
make sense (when tehrth is the function that enabled Foo mode).
But since the function that activates Foo mode is called `foo-mode'
instead of `tehrth', the abusive "When the buffer is in `foo-mode'" is
clear enough.  I don't know of anyone who ever got confused by it.
If you want to rewrite them differently, that's fine, but removing the
hyperlink does not seem like a good way to fix the very minor abuse.

        Stefan