Re: Freezing frameset-restore

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Freezing frameset-restore
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 19:35:37 +0100

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 7:16 PM, martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:

> But IIUC you mean here a frame that existed
> in the current session or configuration just before you started to
> restore frames and you were not able to use profitably.

Yes. After restoration, there's a set of frames (old and/or new) which
correspond to what was in the frameset. And another, possibly empty,
set of pre-existing frames that do not correspond to the frameset,
they are remnants of the pre-restoration configuration. In some cases
they are kept (C-x r j R), in some cases they are deleted (C-u C-x r j
R).

> At least use "restored upon" instead.

I'll do that.

> Then CLEANUP is too narrow.  Maybe something like POST-RESTORE (which
> clearly isn't a good term either) to emphasize that it does _not only_
> deal with frames that were rejected or ignored.

Well, the term CLEANUP was meant to refer to cleaning up the whole
frame configuration afterwards. But I don't mind at all changing the
argument name, if someone can come up with an alternative less ugly
than POST-RESTORE.

Thanks for your comments, BTW.