Re: Getting ideas from other editors: Postfix Code Completion

From: joakim
Subject: Re: Getting ideas from other editors: Postfix Code Completion
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 22:37:04 +0100

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden writes:
>
>> Cedet has SRecode, which is useful for refactoring.
>
> Looks like a code generation tool. Can you give an example of it being
> used for refactoring (i.e. taking an existing piece of code and changing
> it according to some rules)?

You can feed it tags from the semantic parser. You can transform the
tags with lisp before you feed them to the generator. This is not like
the Eclipse refactoring tool I saw demoed once.

My own cases are a bit specialized. I do have a more useful example of the code
generation half of the process for generation of C code from lisp for
the Ergodox keyboard firmware.

--
Joakim Verona