Re: Freezing frameset-restore

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Freezing frameset-restore
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 14:04:28 +0100

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 6:26 AM, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:

> That's why I'm strongly
> convinced that having
>
>   (frameset-restore fs :cleanup 'keep)
>   (frameset-restore fs :cleanup 'delete)
>   (frameset-restore fs :cleanup #'my-custom-function)
>
> and let frameset-restore worry about looping, error protection and
> default cases is much, much cleaner that the alternatives we've been
> hashing for the past couple days

The more I think about it, the more I believe it makes no sense to
separate cleanup from frameset-restore. It is not an additional,
optional part of frameset restoration, it is an integral part of it,
even in these cases where the cleanup consists in doing nothing.

If frameset-restore just created new frames, separating both
operations would be reasonable. But frameset restoration isn't like
that, it already can reuse exiting frames; it moves them, changes
their visibility, resizes them. The whole experience of restoring a
frameset includes deciding what to do with the remaining frames.