Re: url-encode-url: do not add a trailing slash for "bare" URLs (with no

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Re: url-encode-url: do not add a trailing slash for "bare" URLs (with no file/directory)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 10:05:52 -0400

Hi Bastien and Stefan,

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 9:40 AM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> The following trivial patch changes this.
>
> I'm no expert on URL conventions, but it looks OK to me, tho maybe the /
> is needed when there's a fragment.

I'd agree with you here, in that the enclosed patch probably wouldn't
work as expected in the case of a fragment being present.

I'd agree with Bastien in that it's never the right thing to default
to a directory, especially since most servers these days will
automatically redirect you to the directory if one is present with the
same name as the 'file' you requested.

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.