Re: Trunk still not open

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Trunk still not open
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 11:47:39 +0200

> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:35:41 +0100
>
> Well, one could push them to an "undocumented" branch.  That one gets
> rebased from time to time on the trunk, so any commit from there that
> has made it with documentation into the trunk will no longer be in there
> after rebasing.

This could also work, but IMO this alternative is more complicated
than the other one, and also has the disadvantage that changes appear
on the trunk with delay, which some users might not like.  There's
also the danger that core developers will need to have 2 very active
branches to track rather than one.  So we should probably go there
only if the others cannot possibly work.