Re: EIEIO

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: EIEIO
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:24:46 +0000

Daniel Colascione <address@hidden> writes:

> to use plain defstructs instead. I didn't like how EIEIO required each
> object to have a name (requiring that EIEIO allocate a new string for
> each object instance)

I can also see how something like this would scare me off, but those
would be the premature optimization voices-in-my-head speaking. Perhaps
you had case where that was indeed a problem.

Anyway, If I'm reading the docs and the code of `make-instance'
correctly, the implicit name slot is only used for printing an
object. In that case I see no reason why multiple instances of the same
class can't share the same string.

João