Re: Trunk still not open

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Trunk still not open
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 23:34:57 +0900

Dmitry Gutov writes:

 > I really wish the project went with "no-push-without-tests" requirement
 > instead, first.
 >
 > As for docs, I apologize (being one of the culprits), but as I rarely,
 > if ever, read the manual, one can understand how I can forget its
 > existence from time to time.

I'd like to tests too, but Emacs never had a serious policy about
testing.  Docs are another matter.  Requiring tests is not just about
the release cycle; it's about changing the whole process.

Anyway, they're closely related.  If you don't have docs, you don't
know what to test.  If you don't have tests, well, good luck keeping
docs and reality in synch.