Re: Trunk still not open

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Trunk still not open
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 12:28:46 +0100

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 12:18 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> So I know something
> about that, having done that for several years now

I know, you've helped me too with Emacs docs a few times.

>, and after all that
> I still think this is our best alternative to having manuals that are
> in sync with the sources at any given time.

I guess I'm OK with having stricter policies for commits, but then I'd
like to have stricter policies not just for docs. Also testing, when
it makes sense (which is hard for GUI oriented fixes, I know), forcing
people to push unrelated changes in different commits (applying common
sense as necessary, of course), reminding people again to have a
complete, informative first-line summary in commits, etc.

Yes, most of these things are not release blockers. That shouldn't
stop us from trying to enforce them, to a point.

> Of course, if this is decided, we will have to provide the same kind
> of help you see on gdb-patches for those whose initial attempts at
> providing documentation will need that.

I don't doubt that will be the case.