Re: Trunk still not open

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Trunk still not open
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 21:08:16 -0400

Juanma Barranquero wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 9:22 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Software engineers who can write good docs are rare and
>> therefore quite valued.
>
> That's why I'm unimpressed by the idea of forcing changes to include
> docs. Not everyone is able to write Emacs-manual-quality docs, and
> specially, not everyone is so fluent in English to write good English
> docs; some of us struggle with it.

You can't force people to do anything, and that's not what I asked.

I just want people to try more, rather than relying on someone else to
do it.

If your English is not the best, then do the best job that you can, and
ask people to proof-read the result. This is much better than doing
nothing at all. (If you were talking about yourself, I think your
English is totally up to the task of writing Emacs docs.)

To get specific: please try and document frameset.el in the lispref.