Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 16:32:51 -0400

    Suicidal charges on entrenched positions make for great drama, but poor
    results; it's better to run and fight another day.

I have thought carefully about the likelihood of various outcomes.
However, none of them are likely to result in killing any of us.
This colorful exaggeration shows you've got it wrong.

     you've argued
    those who disagreed with your decisions could be doing so only out of a
    secret desire to undermine free software. Statements like "I don't trust
    your judgment about how to achieve our goals because you don't want to
    achieve them." are circular nonsense.

Our community is full of people who work on free software and disagree
with the free software movement.  Often they say so, sometimes very
loudly.  What you are saying here shows your picture of the general
situation is very misguided.  Arguments based on that are not cogent.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation