Re: Trunk still not open

From: Stefan
Subject: Re: Trunk still not open
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 10:32:42 -0400

> I believe that the docs rule is actually pretty low-cost to Emacs
> developers as shown by the tradition of high-quality documentation.

FWIW, while I suck both at writing documentation and at forcing myself
to write documentation, I'm in favor of being more strict
w.r.t documentation.  But in many cases, code is installed in
a non-definitive way, so it's convenient to install the code first, then
fix up some of it based on user's feedback and only later write the doc.
That saves us the time of documenting the intermediate state.

This is linked to our "linear history" workflow.

        Stefan