Re: Including Yasnippet to Emacs

From: Stefan
Subject: Re: Including Yasnippet to Emacs
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 10:45:29 -0400

> one - lots of modes creates its own wheel to support snippets.

> html-mode uses own snippets for tags
> web-mode uses own snippets "C-c C-s"
> markdown-mode uses own snippets for headers

> and that's only modes I use.

Emacs already has several "snippet" systems builtin:
tempo.el, skeleton.el, expand.el, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

> What do you think about it?

João has a snippet.el in the works, which is yet-another of those
snippet systems, but this one is designed as a "Lispish core, such that
yasnippet.el can be provided as a layer on top of it.  He's been writing
it with a fair bit a bitching^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hreview from me, and if all
goes well it could be included in 24.5.

        Stefan