Re: Including Yasnippet to Emacs

From: Danil Orlov
Subject: Re: Including Yasnippet to Emacs
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 19:42:44 +0200

I've checked those ones you noted, even snippet.el . They all are not so
powerful and user-friendly as yasnippet. And they are all not manage
keybindings. And probably not support expansion depending on context in simple
way. And docs are really stingy. And snippet language is not so powerful and
readable, as in yasnippet.

But you are right - skeleton is totally enough for most modes.

And about snippet.el. I still think, that Yasnippet is better general solution
for snippets for Emacs. It has the biggest user community, and lots of ready
snippets on github, which can be installed easily. Yasnippet will be better
concurrent for snippet systems in other editors and IDEs.