RE: "Adobe Brackets like" editing in emacs

From: arthur miller
Subject: RE: "Adobe Brackets like" editing in emacs
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 20:37:12 +0100

As I think more of it, I can see it as a folding of code. Emacs already supports folding of code (with a minor mode) which
I don't use so much. "Quick edit" could be seen as code folding, from different files; for example if we call a macro in .c file
defined in some .h file, one could invoke a "quick edit" to "fold-out" a macro, edit it and continue on with coding .c file.

Or if we call an elisp function, we could "unfold it" in place, edit it, and continue on with the code where function was called.

Hope it offers some more clarification and use-case scenario.