Re: Trunk still not open

From: joakim
Subject: Re: Trunk still not open
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 21:01:56 +0100

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Stefan Monnier wrote:
>
>>> As for docs, I apologize (being one of the culprits), but as I rarely,
>>> if ever, read the manual, one can understand how I can forget its
>>> existence from time to time.
>>
>> Hmm... so maybe that's also why I'm one of the other culprits?
>
> Please at least proof-read the documentation I have recently written for
> smie, a subject about which I know nothing. (It is very inefficient for
> me to have to document things like this.) And maybe also the tutorial
> changes re electric-indent.

I attempted to proofread the SMIE dokumentation. I dont know anything
more about operator precedence grammars than what I learned by reading
the manual section, and the wikipedia article. I also toyed a bit with
the examples provided in the docs.

I only found the minor debatable nitpicks included below.

SMIE, short for Simple Minded Indentation Engine,  is a package that provides a
generic navigation and indentation
IMHO its nicer to not rely on the title in the flow of the text

   An operator precedence grammar is a very primitive technology for
   ^^
tho
^^^ is ´tho´ a real word?

--