RE: "Adobe Brackets like" editing in emacs

From: arthur miller
Subject: RE: "Adobe Brackets like" editing in emacs
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 13:53:37 +0100

I think it sounds reasonable. We could have a limit on how big snippets are "inlined" in the buffer, for example 20 lines of code, or 50 or something like that. What about combining with feature like folding, so that longer function, classes etc are brought in as folded?

Below is a picture how they have implemented in Bracktes, but nothing says that Emacs has to implement same way. I would be fine with just different color on background for inlined code, but even if it was not such features, just brining in the code would be nice.

http://dev.brackets.io/preso/intro/assets/features/brackets-quick-edit-js.PNG