Re: Vector graphics overlays

From: Elias Mårtenson
Subject: Re: Vector graphics overlays
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 22:47:25 +0800

On 22 March 2014 22:42, <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm not sure what you want do achieve, but perhaps the Xwidget branch
can be of interest. In the branch its possible to embedd a webkit
browser in an emacs window, similar to an image. So, you could show svg
graphics in the webkit component.

What I want to do is more than just show graphics. I want to show overlay graphics on top of the text. In fact, the graphics will actually (seem to) interact with the text. In its simplest form, you might envision a box around some text, or an arrow drawn on top of the text, pointing at a given word.

That said, if Xwidget can provide a way to draw its stuff on top of the text being edited, then it could possibly do exactly what I want.

Regards,
Elias