Re: Redisplay problems?

From: Stefan
Subject: Re: Redisplay problems?
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 14:43:21 -0400

> When frames that were iconified get the expose event, and the frame's
> garbaged flag is not set, we will redraw them using outdated matrices,
> because expose_frame uses the current glyph matrices without
> recomputing them.

If the current matrices are outdated, then indeed we may expose the
outdated content.  But of course, the next redisplay will fix it, so
it's not terrible.

If the garbaged flag is set, the behavior is not much better: instead of
exposing outdated content we don't expose anything (i.e. it stays
blank), and again the next redisplay should fix.

This said, I think that the more common case of deiconifying/deobscuring
is that the matrices are still up-to-date because nothing has changed in
the mean time.  In that case we're better off not setting the "garbaged"
flag, so we immediately get the right content exposed rather then first
exposing blank.

        Stefan