Re: Redisplay problems?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Redisplay problems?
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 21:13:32 +0200

> From: Stefan <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>         address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 14:43:21 -0400
>
> If the garbaged flag is set, the behavior is not much better: instead of
> exposing outdated content we don't expose anything (i.e. it stays
> blank), and again the next redisplay should fix.

Actually, that's not true: the frame doesn't stay blank.  When the
garbaged flag is set, expose_frame doesn't do anything:

  void
  expose_frame (struct frame *f, int x, int y, int w, int h)
  {
    XRectangle r;
    int mouse_face_overwritten_p = 0;

    TRACE ((stderr, "expose_frame "));

    /* No need to redraw if frame will be redrawn soon.  */
    if (FRAME_GARBAGED_P (f))
      {
        TRACE ((stderr, " garbaged\n"));
        return;
      }

So we never show incorrect or empty contents in that case.