Re: Attempting to graft the Aquamacs commits

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Attempting to graft the Aquamacs commits
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 06:32:42 -0400

On Mar 23, 2014, at 4:09 AM, Eric S. Raymond <address@hidden> wrote:

> Selecting the right set of commits out of the Aquamacs repo is proving
> to be a significant problem.  The way the merges were done confuses my
> branch-detection logic.

Typically, I would merge in changes from branches named emacs23 and emacs24
(which were the mainline code).
I wonder what is confusing about that - is there anything non-standard
regarding this?

> Will I get the right set of commits if I select on "David Reitter" as
> the author?

All merges were done by me, and the author field should be correct.
However, a number of commits stem from various other authors; sometimes with
them as author and signed off by me, oftentimes committed by them directly.

I’m not sure what the issue is; I thought I was consistent with the merges and
the order of rev-ids in each merge should be the same.
I could try to compile a list of Aquamacs contributors if that would help.