Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r116836: Avoid GC crashes.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r116836: Avoid GC crashes.
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 22:10:34 +0200

> Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 12:53:30 -0700
> From: Daniel Colascione <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Hrm. Something does seem very wrong then. Why does Richard's always seem
> to occur in the same place, though?

I don't know.  But note that those reported by Drew also look very
similar only to Drew's own reports.  Not sure what this means.

> The rest of these reports seem arbitrarily distributed.

I see 2 distinct groups reported by Drew: one inside functions called
by balance_intervals_internal, the other in cleanup_vector.

> 17068 worries me too

It's one of the group of several ones, the first being 16288, reported
in December 2013.  Note that there were others, similar to those, the
first one being 15062 from Aug 2013, a month before Richard started
seeing his GC crashes.  So I guess this is some evidence that what
Drew in that group sees is at least somewhat different.

The other group reported by Drew starts with 16414, from Jan 2014.
Note that there was a change in Jan 2014 in intervals.c.