Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r116461: Connect electric-indent-mode up with CC

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r116461: Connect electric-indent-mode up with CC Mode. Bug #15478.
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 21:54:35 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Ah, but will it be easier for the new users or the old hands to do that
> one-time operation?
>
> Actually, that question may be harder to answer than it looks like,
> considering that the old hands consider things like customization menus
> the spawn of vi and have probably disabled menus so long ago that they
> don't even remember their existence any more.

I'm pretty sure the old users are all familiar with `define-key' (among
other functions). Anyone who doesn't is insufficiently old.

The set of old users is limited, and it's bound to decline over time.

The set of new users is essentially unlimited, and we better hope it'll
exceed the amount of the current old users many times over.