Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 10:19:52 -0400

> What I found a bit discouraging is lack of responses to my patches.

I do think lack of response is the worst part of our handling of patches.

> Admittedly, after re-reading etc/CONTRIBUTE I discovered I was sending
> them to the wrong place (emacs-devel instead of bug-gnu-emacs) but
> still it would be nice if someone yelled at me for using the wrong
> mailing list.

emacs-devel is not really the wrong list for that.  bug-gnu-emacs is
better, but emacs-devel is fine.
The problem was simply lack of response, pure and simple.  This reflects
on the lack of time/energy on our part to deal with those patches.

        Stefan