Re: How to build emacs without manual?

From: Vibhav Pant
Subject: Re: How to build emacs without manual?
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 21:38:43 +0530

The --without-makeinfo flag doesn't work for me too, I have to change MAKEINFO=yes to MAKEINFO=no in the Makefile to compile without docs.

On March 29, 2014 9:04:50 PM GMT+05:30, Nathan Trapuzzano <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm trying to build older versions of Emacs (e.g. 23.4) to test some
libraries against, but the build keeps failing at the makeinfo stage
(despite make's -k flag), apparently because of some texinfo error that
older versions didn't flag as such.

Is there a way to configure for a manual-less build without hacking the
Makefiles? The --without-makeinfo flag doesn't do what I thought.